The Highlands Community League building is located at 6112-113 Avenue, Edmonton Alberta Canada in the heart of the Highlands. The building is located across the street from the Highlands Park and is nestled between the tennis courts/skating area, the lawn bowling court and community garden.

Building Rentals

To rent our hall, please follow these 5 easy steps:

  1. Check our Calendar of Events for availability.
  2. Email us at rentals@highlandscommunity.ca and inform us of your interest in renting our hall and the purpose of the rental.
  3. Download and fill out our rental agreement, terms & conditions (click to download/print)
  4. Make sure you have all needed insurance, AGLC licenses, and other forms completed and scan/email to rentals@highlandscommunity.ca
  5. Drop off payment and Damage Deposit (Cheques made out to Highlands Community League) and any physical documents (if you’re old school cool and don’t want to email them) at HCL mailbox.

What Can You Rent the Hall For?

There are literally hundreds of good reasons to rent the Highlands Hall – here are some of the obvious ones – and some not so obvious ones!

  • Meetings
  • Birthday parties
  • Wedding receptions
  • Anniversary parties
  • Bridal/Baby showers
  • BBQ parties
  • Christmas/Holiday Parties
  • Wine & paint nights
  • Information sessions for new community initiatives
  • Poker games
  • Murder mystery whodunnit parties (yes, we have done those in the past)
  • Hockey pool drafts
  • Board game tournaments
  • Skate parties
  • Exercise space
  • Music rehearsal space (just don’t play too loud!)
  • Community get togethers and indoor block parties
  • ….and anything else you creative folks can think of that will benefit the people of our community!

Unfortunately, there are some things that we are not permitted to rent the hall out for. They include (but are not limited to) any commercial or for-profit endeavours, political events(with the exception of all candidate forums), and any other activity that would violate our agreement with the City of Edmonton and the EFCL.

Space Descriptions

Lounge – 60 Person Max Capacity

The Highlands 2nd Floor Lounge offers the convenience of mood lighting, wall to wall carpet, an attached kitchen and a large patio overlooking the Lawn Bowling Greens. The room comes with a number of round tables, rectangular tables and chairs.  There are also men’s and women’s washrooms on the 2nd floor to service the lounge area.


The Highlands Community Centre offers an attached kitchen off of the 2nd floor lounge. This is a smaller kitchen that will comfortably allow for two people to work at the same time.  The kitchen has a coffee machine, an electric stove, microwave and a fridge with freezer. All serving utensils, plates and cups must be provided by renter.

Program Room – 60 Person Max Capacity

The main floor, Program Room offers a clean and bright open space that is accessible to all ages. The laminate floors are perfect for high traffic events and the windows offer a well lite environment. There is an attached washroom.

Sports Room – 30 Person Max Capacity

This main floor room connects out towards the skating area and is a great spot for a smaller gathering.


***Please note that these amounts are currently under review. Please check back soon to see the new rates. Should you book before the change in rates, you will be booked at the lower rate.***

  • Regular Rental – Non Members – $175
  • Regular Rental – Members – $125
  • Kid’s Birthday Party – Members – $50 (Ages 10 and Under, No Alcohol, 3 Hours max booking)
  • Weekend Mornings – Please email for more information or to book.

Rules & Regulations

  • A renter who says no alcohol will be served and pays the lower damage deposit forfeits the entire deposit if an inspection proves that liquor has been served.
  • When signing the rental contract, renters must affirm that they are at least 21 years of age and acknowledge that they are responsible for any damage caused by themselves or their guests.
  • Before their event occurs, renters who plan to serve alcohol must show the rental coordinator a copy of the liquor permit (available at most liquor stores) as well as proof of third-party liability insurance with the community league as a named insured.

Insurance – Third Party Liability

Proof of insurance is required if liquor is being served.

Third party liability insurance is also necessary is it protects both the host and the league in case accident or injury leads to a claim or lawsuit.

If you have homeowner insurance, your insurer may provide third-party liability insurance at a reasonable cost. Failing that, you can purchase coverage through NFP, the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues’ recommended insurer.


Keyless entry systems have been installed on exterior and interior doors within the lounge building. Renters and program providers are given codes only to the main door and to the room they will be using.

Shopping Cart